They Switched From Jungle To Luau Party!

Decorating By Dizzymaiden Updated 3 Aug 2010 , 4:31am by sweetbn

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 7

I am not in too much of a panic because they also pushed the party back a week but I went and purchased a dvd on how to make jungle animals from fondant/modeling chocolate!

I have to do my sketch over and incorporate a more Hawaii theme.

Has anyone had this happen? Do you return your new purchases or do they sit somewhere waiting for their big day?! lol

6 replies
LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 1:49pm
post #2 of 7

It sounds like a useful DVD. Once you get the hang of modeling, you can create anything, all you need is confidence.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 2:18pm
post #3 of 7

A lot of people don't allow changes after a certain point, unless the client pays for it. That charge covers what you have already bought and planned for. But you need that in your contract from the start, it would be difficult to introduce now.

Animals are great to make, so if u think u will use it, keep it. But most cakers have a cupboard with unused equiment worth a small fortune. So it might be better to return it if it's minimal postage!
xx

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 7

It seems like a useful talent to have, so I'd be keeping it. I keep everythign though. I have a DVD on how to make little purses. I've watched it once and never made one.

sweetbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbn Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 6:03pm
post #5 of 7

I saw a really cute cupcake idea for a hawaiian theme on bakerella the other day. She made the leis to sit on top of the cupcakes out of individual gumpaste flowers strung together.

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 8:30pm
post #6 of 7

sweetbn, thanks for the tip. I love when I get a reply like this!!

sweetbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbn Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 4:31am
post #7 of 7

Glad that info was helpful to you! I wish I had an excuse to make a cake right now lol There are so many things Ive come across that I am dying to try out, but haven't had a chance to do them icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%