Styrofoam Dummies

Decorating By nicks Updated 12 Aug 2013 , 5:43pm by kathyw

nicks Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 7:20am
post #1 of 12

Hello...i am currently in dubai, and looking for styrofoam cake dummies..any idea where to get them from ?...

11 replies
Bakingangel Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 8:00am
post #2 of 12

Welcome, Nicks! Try www.globalsugarart.com .
They ship everywhere.

Dayti Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 9:29am
post #3 of 12

Global Sugar Art don't actually ship dummies internationally, according to their website. I also looked at Dallas Foam and thats a no no too. I am in Spain and am having the same problem. If I find anywhere that does deliver to me (e.g. Squires Kitchen), shipping costs kill me because although the dummies are very lightweight, they are really bulky.

tesso Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 10:35am
post #4 of 12

you might want to try dallas foam.. http://www.dallas-foam.com/store/cakedummies.html

I dont know if they ship internationally. I didnt see any info on shipping area.

well good grief, I forgot about http://www.nycake.com/cakedummies.aspx they ship internationally too!

Bakingangel Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 7:14pm
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayti

don't actually ship dummies internationally, according to their website. I also looked at and thats a no no too. I am in Spain and am having the same problem. If I find anywhere that does deliver to me (e.g. Squires Kitchen), shipping costs kill me because although the dummies are very lightweight, they are really bulky.

Sorry for the incorrect information. However, for sure you can get them from www.oasissupply.com . They do ship internationally. Min. order is $250 icon_cry.gif

Bakingangel Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 12

Just to clarify Global Sugar Art does ship internationally, just not to Brazil due to their custom laws.

Dayti Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 12:05am
post #7 of 12

Thanks for the information everyone. I some time back checked out D a l l a s F o a m but assumed they didn't ship international, but I managed to place an order today after Tesso suggested them again.
I also just tried looking at NYCake but once I'd put my address in they said they don't deliver to my location. Anyhow they were more expensive than DF (price wise, not sure about the intl shipping since I didn't get that far).
GSA - weird since in says in their description of the dummies "no international orders on these" or similar wording, so I didn't bother trying!

Hopefully the OP will find somewhere willing to ship to Dubai.

greengyrl26 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 12:19am
post #8 of 12

taylorfoam . com

Bakingangel Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 10:58pm
post #9 of 12

If all else fails, you can make your own with Rice Krispies Treats. Make a batch (with just the marshmallows) and pack it into any shaped cake pan.

nicks Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 4:27am
post #10 of 12

thank you all....finally sourced a supplier here...

cake newbie Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 6:49am
post #11 of 12

Hey Nicks ... can you tell me where you got them styrofoam cake dummies ? I'm in Dubai too and have unsuccessfully  looked everywhere for them. Thanks in advance for your help :)

kathyw Posted 12 Aug 2013 , 5:43pm
post #12 of 12

AYou can try cakestructure.com . I got the BEST customer service ever!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%