Still Looking For That "niche"???

Decorating By step0nmi Updated 2 Aug 2010 , 4:24pm by indydebi

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 6:06am
post #1 of 3

So, I was just writing in my journal icon_lol.gif and I was thinking about the fact that I still haven't gotten people that I know to "HAVE TO HAVE HER CAKE" kind of mentality. I already have a leg up on my decorating skills in the shaped and sculpted cakes, but it's really hard to get people to WANT my cake in an economically bad area. I know everyone is having problems and it seems like some have money to spare around here and some don't, I can't do anything about that.

but where do I go from here? If I haven't gotten people to feel that way about my cake biz then what am I doing wrong? Am I not as professional as I think I am? I dunno...just brainstorming here. What do you guys think?

2 replies
step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 3

maybe I didn't get anything cuz this was so late at night icon_razz.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 4:24pm
post #3 of 3

sometimes it just takes time.

On a related thought, my husband, the part time stand up comedian, goes thru this also. He's looking for his version of "You might be a redneck if ..... " or "I don't get no respect" ...... or "Here's yur sign!" He's trying to find his "niche" byline. I share this just to let you know that a lot of folks in various industries go thru this.

Those that *DO* buy your cakes .... can you survey them (family? friends?) and ask them, "What is it about my cakes that you like? What sets it apart from everyone else?" You'll most likely find some common threads among the answers.

Sometimes it just takes time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%