What Edible Ink Printer Is The Most Cost/user Friendly?

Decorating By Taridawn Updated 3 Aug 2010 , 1:49am by icingimages

Taridawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Taridawn Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 3:32am
post #1 of 3

I'm wanting to buy an edible ink printer but don't know a lot about them. I keep reading about cannons and epsons but the information I have read doesn't give me a clear picture of which one to purchase. I want it easy to clean and will only be using it occasionally. I want to add this technology to my decorating bag of tricks and if I am successful I want to introduce the technology to my high school Culinary class. Please help!!! Oh, this would be coming out of my pocket and not the schools.

2 replies
Cake_Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Bliss Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 3:44am
post #2 of 3

I have heard mixed opinions on Epson/Canon so I am not real sure but I just saw this the other day but might be pricey. http://www.icingimages.com/

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 1:49am
post #3 of 3

HI:
If you are not going to be using it at least once per week, it really is not worth purchasing until you do. That is why we and others offer printing for people who do not have a printer. But if you really want to get it, you can print on regular paper using the edibles to keep it flowing.

If you are looking for an easy to clean/use printer, I definately recommend the Canon. The Epson, I only recommend if you really need a wide format printer, that is one that prints anything bigger then an 8.5x13.5" image. Other than that, definately Canon. The printhead is removable which allows for easy cleaning. Most clogs can be cleaned and if it cant, then you can purchase a new printhead rather than a new printer. If you use the Gold label cartridges, you can use a refill kit that allows you to refill your cartridges directly in the printer without removing the cartridges. This makes things a lot less messy and easy to use.

As for costs, our lest expensive printer is an awesome printer. It will pay for itself in about 50 prints depending on what you charge for your images. Plus, if you do not think you will be printing much and want to increase your business, offer the printing services to other area bakeries that do not have a printer.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%