It's Hot Out There...what To Do?

Decorating By cakegroove Updated 1 Aug 2010 , 9:57pm by Toptier

cakegroove Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 4

Next Saturday I am delivering a 2 foot high 3D (w/PVC internal structure) cake 1.5 hrs away. I found out this morning that their plan is to then take this cake to a park for the party. Uhmmm...that concerns me. (A.) because I will be sitting on the floor of the van holding this cake steady on the way there and I am deathly afraid when they RE-transport this cake that it will fall apart (B.) because it is hot/humid these days and I'm afraid of what the heat will do to the cake sitting outside. I am perfectly capable of meeting them at the park with this cake, so that solves 1 issue, but that does not solve the humidity/heat concern. I hate to suggest they have their party inside when they already have plans of having it outside. What would you do?

3 replies
AnotherCreation Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 7:42pm
post #2 of 4

what are you covering the cake with? Fondant? B/C?

cakegroove Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 4

Toptier Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 4

You need to tell them that if it gets over a certain temperature then the cake HAS to go inside. It is their responsibility to provide a safe environment for the cake. They also need to understand that once it is dropped off by you your responsibility ends. I have a separate rider in my contract about outside cakes that I make them initial. Most cake civilians have no idea what heat/humidity can do to cake, it is your responsibility to inform them, if they still do it that's their problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%