Need Idea For Quick Cupcakes

Baking By MBHazel Updated 3 Aug 2010 , 1:37am by MBHazel

MBHazel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBHazel Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all you cupcake folks,

I haven't done much with cupcakes, but need to do a bunch for a church function. I hope I could get away with all buttercream (or will that be a MESS) and do something really quick, but CUTE. Does anyone have any suggestions for a couple designs I could do?

Thanks a bunch,

Hazel

6 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 7

What look are you after?

simply spoon on/ dip them in some glacé icing or pouring fondant or ganache. (could take more time and effort to get a perfect no drip finish.)
swirls of bc - a couple of bags so they don't get too hot, and you could get a good speed.
quick blob of bc and a round fondant cut out on top.

As for decor, can't beat sprinkles, or some edible glitter! A bit more effort would be blossoms, hearts or stars.
xx

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 7:07am
post #3 of 7

buttercream would be fine as long as you're using a piping bag and not a spatula. Can't go wrong with swirls (the kind you see done with a 1M tip), and some assorted sprinkles.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 7:21am
post #4 of 7

When I have to make a lot of cupcakes for an event, I use a tip 1 swirl and then a chocolate candy on top of each one. I have a bunch of candy molds and they're pretty quick to make.

It's easiest if you put the cupcakes in the box, then pipe the swirls on.

MBHazel Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 1:01am
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the ideas. I was hoping to do some type of flower, daisy?????

I didn't think about the boxes, that a good idea.

Hat to ask a stupid question, but what is a tip 1??? In my cake tips, 1 is very small?

Hazel

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 1:30am
post #6 of 7

Daisy's are pretty easy to do if you're happy to purchase a cutter. I was watching my friend do some, and she cut the daisy, then poked the middle of it with a pencil sized stick to make a centre and to raise the petals up.

I wondered the same thing about the 1M tips, I kept hearing people talking about them! They are quite an open star shaped tip, and seem to be the most popular one for cupcakes. You know the cupcakes with the big 'swirl' of icing on top? Those are most likey done with the 1m tip. But you can also hold it at different angles and get other results too. (I've never done it myself, but seen examples of it).

here is an example of what I mean, plus a photo of the tip:
http://cupcakehouse.com.au/item_63/Wilton-1M-Piping-Tip.htm

And here is an example (someone elses work) of what I mean when I say you can hold them at different angles to get different results:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1753512

MBHazel Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 1:37am
post #7 of 7

Oh!! I'm on board now! Thanks for the link.

Love the flower pot idea. I could do that as a centerpiece and have lots of extra cupcakes. They look like flowers, but just swirls from that tip.

PERFECT!!!!

Thanks a bunch.

Hazel

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%