Figure Help

Decorating By adventuregal Updated 2 Aug 2010 , 12:57am by Price

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 7:04am
post #1 of 4

I am going to be making my first figure (a male) for a cake next weekend and I'm hoping anyone more experienced in this can offer some pearls of wisdom or some advice on what to do/what not to do. I want to make an adult male, standing up, and its going to be george of the jungle theme so he's not going to be wearing much heh. I'm thinking I'd use fondant/tylose, but maybe thats something the pros can weigh in on. It's for a family member so I feel comfortable trying this new technique out, but I still want it to look decent so any help (what not to do's) would be amazing!!!
Thanks in advance! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
pvcat2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pvcat2000 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 7:39am
post #2 of 4

Check in the forums for Rylans post on hundred of tutorials. There are some on figures listed on there. Hope this helps.

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 12:14am
post #3 of 4

Thanks-I will check the videos out icon_smile.gif Is there a specific skin color that anyone uses? I'm looking for just a basic 'caucasian' look lol I didn't see that wilton had a specific skin color for where I shop, but maybe I'm not looking in the right spot?

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 12:57am
post #4 of 4

To get the skin tone, I usually use a combination of ivory and peach. Careful, it doesn't take much of either color. I use Satin Ice fondant. I add about 1 tsp to 1lb of fondant. You will want to use a piece of spagetti or a tooth pick in the top of the torso to support the head.

Coat your hands with a little bit of Crisco when rolling your fondant in your hands. It will help to make your fondant smooth.

Aine2 has tutorials on her website you can purchase, and there are lots of videos on you tube.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%