Help I'm In Waaay Over My Head And Need A Recipe :)

Baking By Dani83085 Updated 1 Aug 2010 , 1:47am by BethEK

Dani83085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani83085 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 12:28am
post #1 of 5

I ordered a Wilton Giant cupcake mold online thinking it came with a recipe, the only one it has is for a chocolate expresso pound cake which won't work as this is for my son's 1st birthday "smash" cake. Any idea on how many box mixes to use? Has anyone used this and can recommend baking times or any tricks/tips?? Thanks so much, his birthday is coming soon (8/21) so I need some quick advice icon_smile.gif

4 replies
chilicat57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilicat57 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 12:37am
post #2 of 5

I would do a search on here for giant cupcakes as there has been much discussion about this.

You will need 2 cake mixes, some will be left over and you will need to bake the bottom for 15 minutes and then add the batter to the top otherwise it gets REALLY done and dry.

Good Luck!

Dani83085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani83085 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 1:34am
post #3 of 5

thanks! i'll take a look!

BethEK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethEK Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 1:41am
post #4 of 5

I'm pretty sure that on the cardboard that came on the outside of the pan when I got it said that it only takes one cake mix for the whole pan, but I've never tried it. I have seen though, that on the wilton website they had specific recipies listed for the pan.

HTH

BethEK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethEK Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 1:47am
post #5 of 5

Here is something that I found in one of the forums on the wilton website...

"just made a giant cupcake tonight with a doctored cake mix recipe that I found posted here. It looks great but I have not tasted it yet. I believe you could adapt any cake mix like the recipe I just used and have enough batter to make the giant cupcake.

What I made was chocolate, which called for a 5.9 oz pkg of pudding. For doctored vanilla/yellow cake mixes that I've seen, you would use the smaller 3.4 oz package of pudding.

So:
Duncan Hines Cake Mix (french vanilla is my fav)
1 pkg pudding
1 cup whole milk
1 cup oil
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs

I have done a few different variations of cake mix and puddings. Always makes great cupcakes, too!

Happy Baking!"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%