The Cake Boss, Carlo's Bakery

Lounge By writersblock15 Updated 5 Aug 2010 , 8:00pm by cakeapprentice1923

writersblock15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
writersblock15 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 5

This afternoon we took the hour and 15 minute car trip to Carlo's bakery. It was mobbed with a line of tourists a few blocks long waiting to go in. We pre-ordered our cakes and cookies and didn't have to wait in line. For those who didn't pre-order, they had to wait upwards of 2 hours to get in.

I'm curious to know if the line is always this long or are there certains days of the week/times of year it's less crowded.

4 replies
Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 1:03am
post #2 of 5

It probably isn't like that during the work week, weekends people have more time to "sightsee".

CakesbyCarla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCarla Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 6:32pm
post #3 of 5

How were the cakes? I'm curious if they are worth what they charge? If you don't mind sharing, was it high quality and approx how much was the order you got? I'll never go to NJ so I would love to hear your experience.

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 6:45pm
post #4 of 5

My Mom and her boss used to go there all the time when she managed a condo complex a few blocks away (this was long before TLC discovered him) and she said the pastries were always great. I don't know if she ever had cake but if they can do the fancy pastries that good then I'm pretty sure their cakes are good.

cakeapprentice1923 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeapprentice1923 Posted 5 Aug 2010 , 8:00pm
post #5 of 5

i watch there show all the time and i wish i live in NJ so i can just walk down there and grabb a snack. I wonder if his sister is always that rude or does she do it for the camera

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%