Lost A Good Friend Today.

Lounge By tripleD Updated 7 Aug 2010 , 1:29pm by kansaslaura

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 10:09pm
post #1 of 7

Today, I lost a good friend. My Oster Kitchen Center. We first meet in 1984. When I walked the Isles at Hills Dept. Store. She was on clearance,Last years model. I proudly took her home. She has been by my side trought cakes and icing over the years. I did cheat on the side and purchased a kitchen aid. It was not the same. I kept going back to my old girl. Today she gave her last whip and smoked to a stop. I will miss you....

6 replies
melave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melave Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 7

i'm sorry for your loss icon_sad.gif

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 11:05pm
post #3 of 7

its funny how you become attched to things. I love that mixer it made such good icing.soo creamy. Its going to be hard to convert to a new one.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 4:04am
post #4 of 7

Rest in peace, faithful servant!

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 12:58pm
post #5 of 7

ah...sigh....I know the feeling well.

I received an Oster Kitchen Center from my Mom at my bridal shower in 1986. Had many of the attachments. The motor went a few years ago and DH found another one, minus attachments and bowls, at the Salvation Army store!! When I got my KitchenAid, I just could not get rid of the Kitchen Center....it is still happily in a cabinet and get used on occasion, usually to make ice cream!!

Toni Ann

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 1:24pm
post #6 of 7

So sorry for your loss! icon_sad.gif Take comfort in the memories of many happy times you spent together!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 1:29pm
post #7 of 7

Chin up! I've seen some of those at yard sales. Some that hardly look used. I know it would be quite the same, but she'd want you to move on, to find a new love!

Out of respect for the old girl, your new friend needs to be about her age--she'd never get over a younger sleeker woman taking her place--besides they just don't make 'em like they used to! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%