What???we're Supposed To Be Mind Readers Too????

Decorating By Classycakes Updated 1 Aug 2010 , 2:52am by Classycakes

Classycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycakes Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 10:02pm
post #1 of 6

Sometimes brides and grooms really tick me off. I'm so rotted now, I could just spit.

Had three wedding cakes for today. All were completely finished by noon, just awaiting delivery.

Two weeks ago, one of today's brides dropped by with her final payment and I went over the final delivery details. She said the venue doesn't open its doors until 5:00 pm so you can't deliver it til after then and our reception is at 6:30 pm. I said no problem.....I'll deliver your cake between 5:00 and 6:00.

So I scheduled her delivery as the last delivery of the day and we arrived at 5:45. Cake is complete and just needs to be laid in place. The groom was waiting outside (in the parking lot) at the door and his first words were "I've been leaving messages for you. We've been worried about the cake not showing up" .........Huh???

My response was that I was within the time frame for delivery between 5 and 6 because the reception doesn't start until 6:30. He then said "well, we moved it up to 6:00 a few days ago". OK...and I was supposed to know that how???? I just said I wasn't informed but I'm still here with time to spare even with a 6:00 pm reception. I placed the cake, took a few pictures and we were back in our car at 5:55.

Didn't think much of it til I got home and checked my telephone messages. Three messages starting at 5:00, increasing in the degree of snottiness.

I'm so glad I didn't hear the messages til after I dropped off their cake because I would not have been as calm, cool and professional as I was at the delivery.

The bride obviously didn't tell the groom that I went over the details of delivery with her two weeks ago and SHE had set the terms which I accommodated. She apparently put him "in charge" of tracking me down without saying a thing about the delivery time she set. I'm supposed to be a mind reader now? Who in the he** changes their reception time at the last minute and doesn't think to inform everyone involved? On another note, there were hardly any guests there either. I bet they too are going to walk in at 6:30 expecting their meal only to find dinner is over.

Grrrrrrr.......

5 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classycakes

there were hardly any guests there either. I bet they too are going to walk in at 6:30 expecting their meal only to find dinner is over....

Now, wouldn't that be a wonderful case of karma taking charge........... icon_evil.gif

Rae

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 6

That's terrible. I'm glad it all turned out ok for you anyway. I hope you don't have to deal with them again. icon_smile.gif

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 10:44pm
post #4 of 6

Today must be the day for changing reception times and not informing anyone. One of mine was a 5:30 reception. I was packing up boxes in my car at 3:45 and guests were starting to walk in. The DJ had just gotten there, and we hadn't seen any sign of the caterer yet. Boy am I glad I was ahead of schedule today.

julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 12:02am
post #5 of 6

Call me crazy, but how do you change a reception time? Are invitations send out weeks in advance with ceremony and reception times on the invites?

That is just nuts!

Classycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycakes Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 2:52am
post #6 of 6

Yes, it is crazy! I honestly don't get it either. You send out invitations to all these guests and then change the time?? I can see delaying the meal a bit, maybe to accommodate picture time. But to change it to an earlier time just don't make sense.... Maybe they were hungry icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%