? About Cookiecrazie Blog Icing

Baking By Mizuki Updated 1 Aug 2010 , 10:14pm by GeminiRJ

Mizuki Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone use this icing? I love everything about it EXCEPT... every time I ice with it, I get little tiny cracks that you can totally see! I don't move the cookies from where I ice them, so it's not that I'm jarring them or anything. I just can't figure out why this is happening. I tried to email Pam directly, but she hasn't answered me yet, and I'm donating 100 cookies next Saturday.

I'd appreciate any advice!!
Thanks!!

5 replies
Mizuki Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 6

Can anyone please help me?

TammyH Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 6

Sorry... I dont use that recipe. I use Toba's glace....

TammyH

luv2bake6 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 6:18pm
post #4 of 6

I also use a version of Toba's glace but the trick is not to move them at all once they're iced to avoid those wrinkles

drakegore Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 7:24pm
post #5 of 6

this is very close to toba's glace, but just smaller porportions.

as you already know, the not moving is key, but i would also add that 10-15 minutes mentioned to dry is only surface drying and it is still wet underneath...so i try not to move for at least a couple hours.

the other thing i find critical to getting a good finish is the temp of the room they are drying in. glace does not like cold. dry them in a nice warm room with a stable temp and that should help you also avoid the cracks.

hope this helps!

diane

GeminiRJ Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 10:14pm
post #6 of 6

It also helps to not apply the icing too thick. I know I've had the problem with the cracks when it's too thick, especially when I moved the cookie too soon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%