Hi everyone. I have been watching all of these cake competitions where the chef uses canned air spray to cool the chocolate quickly to make it set. Does this make the chocolate not safe to eat? What do you guys use?
I think there's is a specialty spray you can buy, but I don't know anything about it.
Regular canned air like you use to clean a keyboard is not safe, though.
If you see someone using something other than food safe freeze spray (you can find it at chefrubber.com), it's only because they know that the piece will NEVER be eaten and it will be thrown away.
Regular canned air is NOT food safe.
Most of the regular "canned air" really isn't just air - it is a chemical mix and definitely NOT food safe.