"cake" Cricut For Scrapbooking

Decorating By tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Updated 31 Jul 2010 , 8:05pm by tony_sopranos_ebony_girl

tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 5

Hello all just a quick question ...
I have decide I would just rather not use the cake cricut for cake and soley for scrapbooking, will I need to change the blade or can I use it as is ??? Please let me know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you icon_rolleyes.gif

4 replies
yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 5:21pm
post #2 of 5

Hi tony_sopranos_ebony_girl,

I don't have either of the Cricuts (hopefully I get the Cricut Cake for my birthday!!), but I've read posts about the Cricuts and I BELIEVE that they are the same blade, both are actually food grade blades. Supposedly, the Cricut Cakes blade sits a little higher - I'm assuming to allow more room for rolled out fondant. I hope someone can tell you for sure, but if not, you may be able to look on their website to confirm icon_smile.gif

tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 5

Hey yummy_in_my_tummy

Thank you for the response !!! I think you may be right !!! Guess what ? I am doing it anyway LOL icon_razz.gif

I'd rather stick to scrapbooking with the unit and cookie cutters for my fondant !!! thumbs_up.gif

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 5

Hi, my advice will be to visit the cricut forum and they can help you there. i wish I can answer your question but I am not sure.
good luck

tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 5

thumbs_up.gif Thanks conchita
I thought about that as well !!! I'n going to check it out !!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%