Help... Need Advice For Topper

Decorating By michgowell Updated 31 Jul 2010 , 6:26pm by Babs1964

michgowell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michgowell Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 4

My clients supplied their own wedding cake topper. It is a clay figure of them. The figures are attached to each other and there is no base, just their four feet. It stands on the table okay, a little unstable. It won't tip backwards, but may go forward. I need advise on making sure the bride and groom don't go rolling of the cake. Cake is being delivered tomorrow afternoon.

thanks, thanks, thanks!!!

3 replies
online_annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
online_annie Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 4

I would make a gumpaste or fondant base for them. Place them on it and cut out around their "feet". This is give them a bit more suppport than buttercream. Or you may flip it over and look for a hole. Most figures have a hole for baking. If it does place a small towel in the cake and slide the figure on top. HTH

AngelinaMomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelinaMomof3 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 4

Can you place some royal icing under the figure to glue it then put some dried sugar flowers in front of it to add some front stability?

Babs1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babs1964 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 6:26pm
post #4 of 4

I too am interested in the answer. I just made some salt dough figures for a wedding cake and I put bamboo sticks into their feet and baked them that way. To attach them to the cake I was going to put straws into the cake then insert the figures into this with a touch of RI as well.
Hope that makes sense. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%