Funny Story About Serving Sizes.

Decorating By mim1106 Updated 31 Jul 2010 , 3:53pm by kger

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 1:12pm
post #1 of 2

I made and donated a cake to a Military Spouse's Lunch yesterday for Operation Homefront Georgia. I was invited, because I am a spouse, so I served the cake. After everyone was served, the rep for O.H. came to me and said, can I have some more cake. Of course, so I went to cut her a piece and she said, no. I mean a PIECE. So I cut her a "normal" size piece. She has been my mentor for the past 7 years, so we had a good laugh about it. I was on Facebook this morning and she instant messaged me and said, "My husband (A CMSgt) has been talking about your cake non stop. He is looking at his calendar right now to see how often he can get a cake from you until you leave (We got orders to Alaska). I told her I was glad he enjoyed it, but he can't be making up holidays or squadron events that don't exist. (these are on my dime, you know) She said, well our anniversary is coming up....haha! Then she said, you know if you didn't cut the darn cake so small I wouldn't have had to come back for more. I told her those were standard sized pieces and she said....."Standard size pieces suck"

1 reply
kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 2

I agree! At my house an 8" would have served like 10 people max. But at the parties I've been to, I've noticed everyone eating dainty little pieces, men and women, so I don't know if they're doing that to be polite or they're watching calories or what.

But I recently made a cake for someone who said it only needed to serve 6-8 ppl. I ended up making her a 10" because I wanted to practice a FBCT and I figured the bigger it was the easier it would be, but I knew if would be a lot of cake for her. So she just emailed asking if I could make another cake... same size as last time. So I know they are eating big honking pieces.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%