Motorcycle Trike!!!!!

Decorating By chappyd1 Updated 12 Aug 2010 , 1:48pm by chappyd1

chappyd1 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 7:11am
post #1 of 3

Hi there everyone,
My name is Dawn
I'm fairly new to this site so firstly hello to everyone.
I've only been doing cakes a fairly short time for people outside my family but I'm incredibly busy and learning new tricks all the time. This site is great for that. I just used the baby bootie template that was posted on here which turned out great.

Anyway,
I've been asked by my local tattoo shop to make a cake for the 1st anniversary.The cake itself is easy its basically a road with flames up the side but I've also been asked to make a motorcycle trike with a man sat on it. It's their logo basically! I havent got a clue where to begin with making a motorcycle. Has anyone got any ideas on what to use, how to strength it? Oh and it doesnt have to be edible either. I have to do it for the 23rd August.

Please help in any way if you can.
Thanks xx
LL

2 replies
tcwheeler Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 3

About all that I can tell is you is use a gumpaste/fondant mixture and begin molding away until you get something that looks like it. Of course, I'm thinking 3-D. If you're thinking about just flat on the cake, just enlarge this image to size of cake, print out onto card stock, lay it on the cake, trace around it with a toothpick and begin to fill in.

chappyd1 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 1:48pm
post #3 of 3

Hiya,
Thanks for the reply. It is a 3d bike I'm doing. Theyve told me it doesnt have to be edible and it'll probably be kept so I think I'm gonna make a base from polystrene and cover it in black icing and work from there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%