What Color Should I Use?

Decorating By jolmk Updated 31 Jul 2010 , 5:27am by jolmk

jolmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolmk Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 2:41am
post #1 of 6

for an incision. I got an order for torso shaped cake with an incision for open heart surgery. Incisions come in various colors depending on the stage of healing, so any suggestions on which "stage" should I pick? icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks
Jo

How about a blue/pink for a fresh incision? detective.gif (my son did the emoticon)

5 replies
karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 3:03am
post #2 of 6

I'd pick a totally healed scar--to reduce the EEW factor and for good luck to the recipient (assuming it is for someone either going in for surgery, coming out of surgery or performing surgery).

jolmk Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 3:10am
post #3 of 6

The way I see it anyone who orders a cake and wants an incision on it is probably not worried about the EEW factor.

karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 3:18am
post #4 of 6

I'm sure you're right . . . but EEW!

Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 3:20am
post #5 of 6

I hope the cake is for a doctor rather than a patient...."Here, have a cake before you go have your open heart surgery"....LOL. Could you do a stitch for the incision rather than a gaping wound? icon_smile.gif

jolmk Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 5:27am
post #6 of 6

The cake is for the patient, who is either recovering or already has recovered. The surgery was a success, and patient is doing fine. The cake is from a group of his buddies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%