Purse Cake For One Year Old

Decorating By Christina1207 Updated 1 Aug 2010 , 1:48pm by bakencake

Christina1207 Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 11:19pm
post #1 of 8

I have a friend that has asked me to make a little purse cake for her little girl who will turn one in a month. What I am doing is making a sheet cake for the other guests but a small cake just for the little girl to tear into. So any insight would help. I was thinking maybe using a WASC recipe for the carved cake. I have a couple of ideas as how i am going to make it just not sure as I am fairly new to this. Also how would I go about making a little tiara? See what she wants is a little purse with a tiara on the cake board and a little pink poodle sticking out of the cake. I was going to carve the cake and then add the poodle later made out of modeling chocolate or fondant/gumpaste mix. What do you all think? Thanks in advanced.

7 replies
Elcee Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 12:57pm
post #2 of 8

Christina, I can't answer your question as I've never made a purse cake but we're practically neighbors! I'm in Security and I work in Fountain.

You're the 3rd Coloradoan I've "met" on here this week icon_cool.gif.

hbarberycakes Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 1:11pm
post #3 of 8

There are a couple different ways to make both the cake and the tiara. I've done it two ways. I made a 6" round and cut an edge off and stood it on the flat surface. Another is bake the 1/4 sheet cake and cut into four sections and carve to the shape. There are some really good tiara templates on here if you go under sketches and templates. You can do gumpaste + fondant combo or do a royal icing one. In fact I have a tiara I'm doing for a lady this weekend!! Good luck and have fun with it!!! icon_smile.gif

Christina1207 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 4:46pm
post #4 of 8

Elcee that is so freaking cool well you are the first person from Colorado that I have meet on here icon_smile.gif

hbarberycakes thanks for the ideas I think I am going to try just baking the small circle cake and then cutting it seems like the easiest way.

Rachel5370 Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 2:55am
post #5 of 8

Too funny, I "met" Elcee here this week- but Hi to another Coloradoan!

Elcee Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 12:57pm
post #6 of 8

For a long time it seemed like there was no one here from our state. Now we are coming out of the woodwork! icon_cool.gif

ddaigle Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 1:41pm
post #7 of 8

I can give an idea on the purse. On page 6 in my gallery (top row), I have a little purse sitting on a cake. I just cut a 6" single in half and stood it up and iced it. Didn't even use the other half. You could decorate to match your theme.

bakencake Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 1:48pm
post #8 of 8

I have heard things about fondant being a chocking hazard to one year olds so be careful with this

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%