Those Base Cabinet Lazy-Susans....

Lounge By Lcubed82 Updated 31 Jul 2010 , 3:35am by Lcubed82

Lcubed82 Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 9:21pm
post #1 of 9

are a pain in the ..... I have never found the right thing to store on it. I just cleaned it and am ready to try again, there has to be something logical to put on it.

What do you store on yours?

My kitchen is in an L, the corner cab is between the sink and the dishwasher. I have a great huge pantry, but there has to be something to use this space. HELP!

8 replies
kansaslaura Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 9:23pm
post #2 of 9

I put my pots and pans in it. It works great unless the DS or DH puts away pans for me. They don't appreciate there is an order to things! icon_lol.gif

Lcubed82 Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 9

Amen! What part of "stack with them nested" don't they get?!

I have an island base cabinet that I keep those in, right behind my stove (Pivot, bend, put pot on stove)

Other ideas?

MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 9

My lazy susan cabinet is below the counter and is packed with: Sugars, flours, corn meal, oatmeals, vinegars, oils, shortenings, syrups, salts, hot sauces, ice cream toppings, to name a few. It's so easy for me to just spin it around and get what I need. thumbs_up.gif

P.S. I have a small pantry. In that I keep my foils, plastic wraps, storage bags, snacks, cereal, vegetables (those that keep best in cool, dark places), along with some roasting and other pans.

kansaslaura Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 10:11pm
post #5 of 9

Well at the 'old house' I kept canned goods in it.

Lcubed82 Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 10:32pm
post #6 of 9

I had thought about putting all my baking staples on it. That would open up quite a bit of pantry space for general family items. Worth a try I guess!

tesso Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 10:35pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

I put my pots and pans in it. It works great unless the DS or DH puts away pans for me. They don't appreciate there is an order to things! icon_lol.gif

ditto.. I use it for all those odd baking pans, cake peels, cooling racks.. etc..etc...

indydebi Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 1:16am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcubed82

Amen! What part of "stack with them nested" don't they get?!

omg, I just posted on Facebook a couple of days ago my frustration with this very thing! Why do they look at pans stacked with the small one on the bottom and the big ones sitting on top of the small ones and think 'Yeah! That looks right!"

I kept canned goods in my lazy susan cabinet. And I LUV'D having one of those! Moved to a house w/o one and talk about wasted space! I had this BIG cabinet with a LITTLE TINY door and couldn't even reach all the way into the back to get anything out of it! HATED that thing! BEGGED for a lazy susan!

Lcubed82 Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 3:35am
post #9 of 9

OK, I moved all of my baking stuff, except for my square containers of flour and sugar, since the space they took up was too much. We'll see how it goes. Now I have an empty 5' wide shelf in my pantry- maybe the counter will finally get cleared!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%