Freezing Cakes...again

Decorating By sechrestloans Updated 30 Jul 2010 , 6:59pm by sechrestloans

sechrestloans Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 3:20pm
post #1 of 4

I know this topic has been discusses and discussed, but.. yes im going to ask again icon_redface.gif On Sept 18th,Saturday, I have 2 cake orders AND an event where I have to give samples to approximately 500 people. Of course the phone rang today for another cake order due for the same day. I have not agreeded to do the cake yet, but if I can deliver it on Friday instead it will help. My question is... how far in advance can I make the cakes and keep them in the freezer. When do I take them out to decorate Thursday evening?There will be no fondant, just buttercream. Thank you all!

3 replies
catlharper Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 4

The decorating will take most of your time so space these out well. You can freeze a cake up to a month with no change in taste if it's wrapped well. I wrap twice in Press and Seal and have no issues. So go ahead and bake the week before and then decorate the week of. You'll be fine. Just remember to give your cakes about 3 hours settling time after filling/crumbcoating so that they have time to come up to room temp before the final coating of BC...you'll avoid blow outs this way as well as help with any filling bulge.

Cat

Cakepro Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 4

Well-wrapped cakes handle freezing for much longer than a month. You can bake and freeze now if you wanted to.

sechrestloans Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 4

this is perfect! thank you. It is not a hard cake and I just hate to turn someone away when I am just opening. I will bake them the week before and freeze it. thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%