Help! Cake Due On Saturday

Baking By LittleFox09 Updated 30 Jul 2010 , 3:11pm by LittleFox09

LittleFox09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleFox09 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 5

I have a cake & cupcakes due on Saturday & the cust has requested her favorite strawberry "box" mix. She wants fresh strawberries in it but I'm not sure what adjustments to make. Can I just add thefreshly chopped strawberries without worry or do I need to change some things around? Thanks so much in advance!

4 replies
schilvers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schilvers Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 5

I do this all the time with my cakes....i jsut add the fruit or candy or cookies straight into the mix and they seem to come out just fine to me and everyone else that i make them for. icon_biggrin.gif

cakesbyamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamber Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 5

Instead of adding them to the mix and baking them, What about slicing the strawberries and putting them on top of your filling inbetween the layers?

ali79756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ali79756 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 5

i add fresh strawberry's to my cake all the time.... i cut them into small pieces place in a bowl and add a couple teaspoons of flour toss ( helps the fruit not to sink to the bottom) and then fold into the batter... hope this helps =)
alisha

LittleFox09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleFox09 Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you for all of your ideas. I normally do just place the fresh strawberries in between the layers once I am filling tstrhe cake but they want the strawberries in the cake and that wouldnt work on the cupcakes. I think that I will toss them in some flour and then fold them in. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%