Flip Flop Cutter

Decorating By Ballymena Updated 29 Jul 2010 , 10:26pm by Ballymena

Ballymena Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 6

Has anyone figured out a cutter to use for mini flip flops for cupcakes?

5 replies
KHalstead Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 6

yep, I have one of GeminiRJ's cutter sets (brilliant set by the way) and there is a little cutter that is shaped like a peanut that makes perfect little flip flops.

Here is a pic of one I made with it!

divinecc Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 6

Alot of people use a butterfly cutter and just cut out the body then reshape a little..... i just print off a cartoon pair from google search to the size I need trace it on wax paper then cut it out and use an exacto knife to cut it out and smooth the sides, definitely not as easy as a flip flop cutter thoughicon_wink.gif

cutthecake Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 5:27pm
post #4 of 6

I bought both a copper one and an aluminum one (from coppergifts and/or foose cookie cutters, I think). The flip flop is a readily available design.

Maria925 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 5:36pm
post #5 of 6

I use a small butterfly cutter and then cut it in half...works great!

Ballymena Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 10:26pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks. My butterfly cutters have very decorative edges so that won't work. I went through my stuff and found a mini easter egg that I can reshape. It's faster than cutting every one out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%