How To Apply Cream Cheese Icing In A Fluffy, Wavy, Pattern?

Decorating By dianab Updated 29 Jul 2010 , 10:50pm by dianab

dianab Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 2

I am making a red velvet wedding cake. The icing will be a cream cheese icing, and they want that fluffy, wavy pattern iced onto the cake. I didn't know if there was a technique or tool to make this easier and consistent over the whole cake. Is there even a name for icing a cake like this? Any thoughts or ideas? Here is a picture of how they want their icing applied.

1 reply
dianab Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 2

Bump... Maybe I just need to do it and there is no method, but it is a wedding cake and I don't want to mess it up. I want to make sure it looks beautiful for the bride and groom.

Quote by @%username% on %date%