Bridal Shows

Business By cattycornercakes Updated 2 Aug 2010 , 6:34pm by cattycornercakes

cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 4:07pm
post #1 of 6

I did a search in the forums and couldn't find anything but forgive me if this has been discussed.

I was just wondering if any of you have had a booth at a bridal show and if its brought in much business for you?

Also wondering if the spring bridal shows are busier than fall bridal shows? I was just thinking spring would be busier because so many people get engaged at the holidays.

There is a bridal show in my area in October I'm just trying to decide if pursuing it is worth the money and time spent.

Thank you!!

5 replies
jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 4:49pm
post #2 of 6

Personally, I have a lot of luck at bridal shows, but I'm awesome, so that helps icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, I find that the bridal shows work well for me. I have always recouped my cost within a month. I also get a lot of "trickle" brides- these are the brides who come to the shows, but don't do anything until 6-10 months later. I'll ask them at their consult how they heard about us and they tell us they saw us at a show.

We've also booked several birthday and shower cakes from guests of the brides.

The first show is always amazingly expensive because there is a lot to get that you can use again, but they get cheaper after that.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 6

I haven't done one but this post is really interesting and there's lots of good info in here:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-580310.html

cattycornercakes Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 1:33am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayti

I haven't done one but this post is really interesting and there's lots of good info in here:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-580310.html

Thanks for the link! Tons of info there.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 9:29am
post #5 of 6

And remember the biggest benefit of being in a bridal show is the networking you do with the other vendors BEFORE the show! Booking a bride is just a side benefit!

cattycornercakes Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 6:34pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks Indy...good point! So easy to forget when you get all caught up with setting up and everything.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%