Silly Bandz - Anyone Have Any Ideas

Decorating By angelcakes5 Updated 3 Aug 2010 , 12:31pm by angelcakes5

angelcakes5 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 7

My niece has requested a silly bandz cake for her bday this year. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks so much!

6 replies
2SchnauzerLady Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 7

?Surround a round tier with replications of silly bandz, making sure you show each with a different shape - using her favorites? Then maybe a few on top, laying on there like they were just taken off and put on her dresser.

smokeysmokerton Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 7

You could do whatever shape she wants, ice it white, and do a band of fondant around it...maybe you could also do the outline of some other shapes in fondant to place on the cake?

LisaMarie86 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 3:21pm
post #4 of 7

I think I would use TNTFundraiser's idea. Pipe silly band shapes with royal icing and place on the cake. I got my niece some for her birthday hope she likes them.

angelcakes5 Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 5:25pm
post #5 of 7

Thaks everyone. I am thinking of piping some shapes out on the sides in all different colors. I think I may do a 2 tiered cake then maybe roll out some balls in different color fondant to be the border for each cake and then maybe some on wire to stick out the top. I think it will look good with the bright colors. And of course will have to buy some bands for the bday girl. icon_smile.gif Thanks again!

gscout73 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 3:28am
post #6 of 7

For the shapes all you need are cookie cutters to make the outline impressions, then pipe over with bright colors. These would look great around the sides.

angelcakes5 Posted 3 Aug 2010 , 12:31pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks Sandy thats a great idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%