Need Opinion On Fondant Color, Mixing Colors

Decorating By spoodlegirl Updated 29 Jul 2010 , 10:48pm by spoodlegirl

spoodlegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoodlegirl Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 4:47am
post #1 of 8

Hi! i need an opinon... I am making a version of the green Tinkerbell cake that's in the 2011 wilton yearbook. I am assuming its leaf green since that the only green color they menton and the instructions just say make green fondant.
Ok the dilemma, do yall think the Green Duff fondant(posted picture) mixed with white would make that color green(a tinkerbell green) or should I just stick with mixing the leaf green with white.(I do have about 3 Micheal 40% of coupons icon_biggrin.gif , oh an by the way the Duff merchandise is 25% Off til the 31st.)

I can't find picture of tinkerbell cake to post.
thanks for any help yall can give.
LL

7 replies
mustangsallii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mustangsallii Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 8

I think it would probably be easier to mix you own verses trying to incorporate white into already mixed green.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 8

You can do it either way.

If you are adding white to the precolored green to get the color you want then I would decide which way you need to do. Do you need just a little bit of a lighter tone, then add white to the premade creen. Do you want a very light color? Then add a little premade green to the bigger portion of white.

Remember, with the Duff Fondant being on sale you can't use a coupon on it, so it will be a little expensive.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 8
baileymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baileymom Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 3:39pm
post #5 of 8

Actually, I might would add a littleyellow to the green. looks to me that would give it that 'tinkerbell tint' instead of just lightening the green.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 3:55pm
post #6 of 8

I sure would go the route of altering the Duff fondant vs. trying to tint all that white green. Duff's green is probably not far off from Satin Ice green, why not use their chart to see the ratio you might need then tweak from there...?

http://www.rolledfondant.com/color.htm

Peanut1027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peanut1027 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 4:02pm
post #7 of 8

Also in AC Moore they have paste colors you can purchase which are sets for a certain character. I'm positive that they have tinkerbell. They carry the "in" characters. Good luck

spoodlegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoodlegirl Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 10:48pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle

Is it this pic? http://www.wilton.com/forums/attachments/tinkerbellcloseup.jpg

no but its a lil lighter than that and not as pearly looking. A light leaf green.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%