Please Can You Help Me

Baking By srodts Updated 29 Jul 2010 , 7:23pm by srodts

srodts Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 4

Good day all. I have a question for you all, I have a wedding consultation on Tuesday and she wants to try strawberry marble cake. So can anyone tell me how to make the strawberry? I use a doctored box mix. Do I add pudding to the cake mix after its mixed up or do I add liquid strawberry mix? When I do chocolate marble I add coco powder to the mix then some water to make up for the extra powder. I am not sure why this is stumping me but it is. I hope someone can help me.
Thanks in advance.

3 replies
dmo4ab Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 4

I would doctor a boxed strawberry cake mix, or if you only need one mix, add strawberry jello and maybe even a few frozen strawberries (thawed) to the portion of the batter you need to be strawberry.

tokazodo Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 8:32pm
post #3 of 4

Why not mix up a box of White cake. Take out about a third of the batter, place it in a separate bowl. Stir in maybe 1/3 cup strawberry preserves and marble it back into the white cake batter?

You might be able to stir in a box of strawberry Jello too.
I would experiment.

hope this helps...

srodts Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 7:23pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you guys so much for all your help. I am going to make 2 6in cakes for them to taste, one with jello and one with strawberry preserve in it and see what one they like. Thanks again you guys are the greatest!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%