Making A Car's Exhaust Smoke

Decorating By Simplydelicious Updated 28 Jul 2010 , 11:54pm by Simplydelicious

Simplydelicious Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 7

I got a request for a mustang with smoke coming out of the exhaust and I don't have a clue. Does anyone know how to make this happen. I told my customer I would let her know in a few days. Thanks for any help you can give me.

6 replies
SS385Monte Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 7

I did something similar once using blue cotton candy. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture. icon_sad.gif

motherofgrace Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 8:17pm
post #3 of 7

i was thinking the same thing, cotton candy!

MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 8:19pm
post #4 of 7

I, too, was going to suggest cotton candy. Or maybe some spun sugar, if you can somehow work it in to that type of swirl (just brainstorming, as I've never spun sugar before). Sounds like a neat project! Good luck with it!

heddahope Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 7

I do not have a business, so this may sound silly. I was thinking manipulate marshmallows into how you want it to look and dust with some gray color.

Doug Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 8:36pm
post #6 of 7

smoke as in it looks like smoke and puffs and stuff....

or just fake smoke that just sits there -- sort of like a cloud of cotton candy (which just happens to be the method in this case if need it to be edible, or cotton balls stretched out if not)

for first one, it's the old dry ice trick.

hose through cake to something that can hold hot water and dry ice and has a lid with opening to connect hose to. drop ice into hot water through opening for hose, connect hose and you have smoke.

Simplydelicious Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 11:54pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you all, she wanted to have it look like real smoke. I will try to see how I can work the dry ice. If anyone else has any suggestions I would appreciate them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%