Uk Help Re Cricut Cake Sheets

Decorating By moogiesgirl Updated 4 Aug 2010 , 9:08am by brincess_b

moogiesgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moogiesgirl Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 3

I'm based in the UK and have recently imported a cricut cake the problem i have is what to use, on all the sites they talk about gumpaste and frosting sheets but we don't have these.
I have access to pre rolled fondant icing or can make modelling paste/flower paste or fondant icing. Modelling paste although edible doesn't really taste that great (which is ok for making larger models that probably wont be eaten anyway) and i am wanting to decorate cakes that are totally edible and enjoyable.
Does anyone know which is the best?
I have tried using my cricut cake with fondant but didn't sit it out before cutting so it just bunched and tore, is this where i am going wrong?.
At the moment i am slightly regretting the expense of importing this machine as it has not been the success i anticipated.
Your advice will be gratefully received.

2 replies
moogiesgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moogiesgirl Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 8:56am
post #2 of 3

Thankyou i'll check this out.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 4 Aug 2010 , 9:08am
post #3 of 3

i advise reading ALL the cricut posts on here, because people talk about how they got all the various options to work, including plain fondant, and gumpaste (flower paste in the uk = same thing).
it seems that there is a very steep learning curve with a lot of frustration before you find the knack!
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%