Request For A White Cake With A Nutty Flavor Called Princess

Baking By TotallyBaked Updated 28 Jul 2010 , 7:13pm by blessedist

TotallyBaked Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 5:55pm
post #1 of 6

A dear friend of mine will be married in November and she's asked me to do her wedding cake. She recently went to a bridal convention and tasted a cake called 'Princess'. She described it as a white cake with a nutty flavor to it. I had her try WASC and she said that wasn't it. Any ideas as to what she could be referring to? Thanks so much!

5 replies
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 6

It's a bakery emulsion (concentrate) that's made by Lorann, called Princess cake and cookie. It comes in a 4 fl. oz. bottle. I got mine at Michael's and paid around $5.00. It adds a creamy rich bouquet and a light nutty taste to cakes, cookies, pastries and frostings.

etr2002 Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 6

You can also find it at Hobby Lobby. I've looked at the flavorings before. How much do you add to the batter?

KatsSuiteCakes Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 6:47pm
post #4 of 6

The instructions state that 1 tsp emulsion=1 tsp extract as a substitution. You would use slightly less for recipes that don't require baking such as frostings, and also suggest add to taste. It has a very unique/elegant taste that I think has a slight hint of citrus. It is delicious added to WASC cake.

Joyfull4444 Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 6:51pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by etr2002

You can also find it at Hobby Lobby. I've looked at the flavorings before. How much do you add to the batter?

I just picked some up at a local shop on the weekend. Was told 1 tsp princess cake emulsion in place of 1 tsp vanilla.

blessedist Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 6

Where I live, I only see the Princess @ Hobby Lobby. Make sure tyou have your coupon! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%