So Much Wasted Time!

Decorating By BakedAlaska Updated 29 Jul 2010 , 2:30pm by mustangsallii

BakedAlaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedAlaska Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 4

I can't stand to waste time. And to discover in hindsight that I've wasted a LOT of time, and effort, and money.... REALLY irks me!

This has been my cake week thus far!

I spent all evening Monday (after working the day job) baking up cakes and prepping fillings/frostings for a wedding cake tasting session scheduled for Tuesday. And the couple NEVER SHOWED UP! Aaaarrrggghhh! No call, not responding to my calls (both Mon eve and Tue eve)...

Then I spent the rest of Tuesday evening baking up two cakes due Wed and Thur. Both new recipes I was trying. (should know better!) Both turned out badly. More WASTED time, effort, and money!

I feel like I'm in a downward spiral of cake misery. Sigh. icon_cry.gif

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 5:57pm
post #2 of 4

Cheer up...The couple was rude..I would not reschedule for them or if you do..charge a tasting fee so at least you aren't out the money for the cakes you made...As for the recipes...We all know you should never try a new recipe out for the first time without trying it first...But we have all done that..LOL

erincc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erincc Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 12:33am
post #3 of 4

So sorry, sounds like you've really had a bad week! Trying new recipes is always so risky.

mustangsallii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mustangsallii Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 2:30pm
post #4 of 4

I know your misery. I tried a new custard recipe last night and it was terrible......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%