Frosting Sheets

Decorating By Lynn929 Updated 7 Jan 2011 , 9:25pm by icingimages

Lynn929 Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone ever " hand drawn" anything onto a frosting sheet? If so can you please post pictures of your work?

6 replies
icingimages Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 4:44am
post #2 of 7

I dont have pictures for you, but I know that some of my customers have done it.

guiltyparty Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 7

In a few days I will have some! I'm doing this right now icon_smile.gif

It's mixed media: an inkjet printed drawing that is accented by hand with that cake "spray paint", hand-drawn line work with edible ink pens, and silver leaf.

simi74 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 3:47am
post #4 of 7

I want to order frosting sheets and was wondering if people have problems printing on the 1.25" and 2" circles. Do the pictures line up correctly?
and what is the best software to to have for the frosting sheets?

or is it better to print on a small sheet and use a cookie cutter to cut the images?

I am new to this and would like some info before I order.
Thanks.

icingimages Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 7

If you are going to be doing a lot of circles then it is worth purchasing them precut. If you are only going to be doing a few, I would buy the 8.5x11's as you will use the sheets more since there are 25 per pack (depending on where you get them from) But we do have a free program that is an ok program as well as one you can purchase to line them up whcih is a little better. We are working on custom software which we are hoping to have done soon. It is really a cook program.

simi74 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 7

Hi Debbie,
I am planning on doing a lot of circles. I looked on your website and I didn't see any software for sale.
When you say the software is okay, do you mean it doesn't always line up?
How much better is the one you pay for?
thanks.

icingimages Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 9:25pm
post #7 of 7

WE send you the information on the programs when you order, or you can download it once you are an ordering customer direct from our website. But the one that you have to pay for you purchase direct from the software company and its $35. The reason I like that one is you do not have to have the same picture on the entire sheet. They are both printing programs only. You would use your own software to manipulate the picture. We are also coming out with another program that is web based in the next month or so, that will be free and allow you to have the same multi picture function. But again, only a printing program.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%