Buttercream Dream Frosting Refrigerated?

Decorating By proudmommaof3 Updated 14 Aug 2010 , 5:42am by pastryqueen9

proudmommaof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
proudmommaof3 Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 7

Does anybody out there know if the Buttercream Dream frosting posted under recipes has to be refrigerated?...you do use milk in the recipe. It such good ratings that I would love to try this.

Thanks, Karen

6 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 7

Does not need refrigerated. I use heavy whipping cream as my liquid. I LOVE, LOVE this recipe. I make huge batches and freeze the extra.

proudmommaof3 Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 7

You use heavy whipping cream in place of the milk? Do you use the same amount??? Inquiring minds...I'm still pretty new at this stuff.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 7

this is also the frosting that I use. I love it because I can ice the cake, smooth it somewhat, pop it in the fridge for 5-10 min and when I pull it out, it has crusted enough for me to smooth over it and I'm good to go. I do use milk in my recipe, but because of how much sugar is in there, it does not need to be put in the fridge. I do however keep it in there until time to deliver 99% of the time, but a few weekends ago I had to make two sheetcakes and I kept them out on the counter in boxes all day and all night and the icing was fine that way as well. I think it is one of the best recipes on this site!

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 3:54pm
post #5 of 7

I use heavy whipping cream instead of milk. I always make a double batch at a time and pour about 1/4 c. of heavy whipping cream in a container but use different amounts every time. I start off with a few tablespoons and go from there. Never use the same amount less becuase of the humidity here.

proudmommaof3 Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 4:52pm
post #6 of 7

Looks like I'm definitely going to have to give this one a try! Thanks for the great advise and info!

Have a happy day!

pastryqueen9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryqueen9 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 5:42am
post #7 of 7

I can not find the buttercream dream recipe in the recipe section....Would somebody please share it with me? Please and Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%