Buttercream Dream Frosting Refrigerated?

Decorating By proudmommaof3 Updated 14 Aug 2010 , 5:42am by pastryqueen9

proudmommaof3 Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 7

Does anybody out there know if the Buttercream Dream frosting posted under recipes has to be refrigerated?...you do use milk in the recipe. It such good ratings that I would love to try this.

Thanks, Karen

6 replies
ddaigle Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 7

Does not need refrigerated. I use heavy whipping cream as my liquid. I LOVE, LOVE this recipe. I make huge batches and freeze the extra.

proudmommaof3 Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 7

You use heavy whipping cream in place of the milk? Do you use the same amount??? Inquiring minds...I'm still pretty new at this stuff.

TheCakerator Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 7

this is also the frosting that I use. I love it because I can ice the cake, smooth it somewhat, pop it in the fridge for 5-10 min and when I pull it out, it has crusted enough for me to smooth over it and I'm good to go. I do use milk in my recipe, but because of how much sugar is in there, it does not need to be put in the fridge. I do however keep it in there until time to deliver 99% of the time, but a few weekends ago I had to make two sheetcakes and I kept them out on the counter in boxes all day and all night and the icing was fine that way as well. I think it is one of the best recipes on this site!

ddaigle Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 3:54pm
post #5 of 7

I use heavy whipping cream instead of milk. I always make a double batch at a time and pour about 1/4 c. of heavy whipping cream in a container but use different amounts every time. I start off with a few tablespoons and go from there. Never use the same amount less becuase of the humidity here.

proudmommaof3 Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 4:52pm
post #6 of 7

Looks like I'm definitely going to have to give this one a try! Thanks for the great advise and info!

Have a happy day!

pastryqueen9 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 5:42am
post #7 of 7

I can not find the buttercream dream recipe in the recipe section....Would somebody please share it with me? Please and Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%