Gluten, Egg And Nut Free Cake Recipe

Baking By bides Updated 28 Jul 2010 , 12:52pm by ptanyer

bides Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 12:35pm
post #1 of 2

Would anyone possibly have a Gluten, Egg and Nut free Cake recipe please that you would be happy to share?

Thank you in advance, Bides.

1 reply
ptanyer Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 2

Bides, unless you have read up on the subject on gluten, egg and nut-free recipes, you may inadvertantly add something that isn't safe to use. There are several really good books on the subject and provide recipes as well as instructions on what to use for substitutions for eggs, etc.

I personally don't have any of those food allergies, but my day-time boss's 2 daughters have severe food allergies and I have read and read all about what can be used in order to be able to bake for them with a feeling of safety on their behalf. I am not an expert by any means, but a little research on the subject would help you alot if you plan to make special cakes for those with food allergies.

If you are interested, you can PM me and I will send you a short list of books that I have used and baked from with good success. icon_smile.gif

Also, check our your public library - they should have a few books on the subject as well thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%