Are My Cake Sleeve Fillings Going To Be Ok???....

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 27 Jul 2010 , 10:37pm by DianeLM

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 7

Hi Cakers!

I ordered som H&H sleeve fillings via on-line. I did not realize that the UPS man dropped off my package today on my front porch. The problem is that I live in Atlanta Georgia. The temp. outside is 95 degrees, but the heat index is over 100!!!!

The fillings were wrapped in brown paper. They were warm to the touch. Not hot. I have a covered porch. They are now in very cold AC room.

Red Rasperry and Bavarina (Spelling??) were ordered

Are they going to be ok??????????

Thank you
Michael

6 replies
Iggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iggy Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 7

Yes, relax, they will be ok. Just make sure you refridgerate any leftovers. I leave the rest in the bag, put it into a quart freezer bag & then into a gallon freezer bag. Keep like forever! HTH

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 7

I don't think you'll have a problem...at least with the Red Raspberry. The Bavarian Cream I'm not sure. Both are vacuum packed in their sleeves...and honestly, when they ship them from anywhere they can go through some temperature extremes. You might contact the company you ordered from and check with them. Of course you'll have to refrigerate after opening. thumbs_up.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 7

They're OK. Shelf stable means they don't need refrigeration. They weren't refrigerated in the delivery truck either. Or the warehouse.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 10:28pm
post #5 of 7

your only problem: not eating the leftovers straight from the sleeves.

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 10:29pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks folks!!

I was tripping out! I did not think about the shipping truck. Good point!!

I love this site...

Michael

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 10:37pm
post #7 of 7

Just want to point out that the heat index only applies to how hot it FEELS to humans. It has no bearing on inanimate objects. Same with wind chill. The temp doesn't go up or down - just that it FEELS like the temp is higher or lower to us. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%