I Need Help Making A 3D Figure Of Abby Cadabby

Decorating By Foxicakes Updated 29 Jul 2010 , 1:15pm by delisa01

Foxicakes Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 2:57am
post #1 of 3

It will be my grand daughter's first birthday in November and I really want to get this figure right, so I am going to start practicing now for it. My daughter has picked out one of the Abby Cadabby two or three tiered cakes from the photo forum on here and I am basically just going to use it as a pseudo-template for my cake (don't worry, I will give credit where it is due). Any way, she wants a 3d gumpaste or white modeling chocolate figure of Abby to sit on the top tier of the cake. It probably only has to be about 5 or 6 inches tall and most likely sitting with her feet hanging off the side of the cake. If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it.

Also, since I am asking, my other grand daughter will be turning 1 shortly after the first and I am thinking a princess tiara on a pillow cake . Can anyone point me in the direction of a cute tiara template. For some reason when I type that into the search option on the site here, it doesn't bring anything up. I want to do it out of gumpaste and possibly just add some royal icing embelishments.

Thanks for all of your help in advance!!

2 replies
JanH Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 6:12am
post #2 of 3
delisa01 Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 1:15pm
post #3 of 3

Hi Desiree- I recently did an Abby Cadabby cake (I'll post the picture in a minute). I used one of my son's plastic Elmo figurines and kinda modeled it after the Elmo figurine. I also looked at a lot of pictures of her. I used rice crispy treats for the body and used edible icing sheets for her wings. I didn't like her till I put her nose on, so don't give up! good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%