Wedding Cake Help

Decorating By mommyjones Updated 28 Jul 2010 , 11:38pm by elegantwedding

mommyjones Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a wedding cake for next Sunday (August 7th) and I drew them out a sketch. The bride wanted me to incorporate a lotus into the design somehow. I don't think i can do a 3D flower but I was thinking of doing the outline of one and doing two of them, but where should I put them? I was thinking the middle tier which has a logo in the middle which is the Hatchet couple from ICP and I was thinking about putting the flowers on each side. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

3 replies
PiccoloChellie Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 12:12am
post #2 of 4

I think that arrangement sounds nice - a lotus on each side of the logo. Just make sure it's a dark lotus.
You might like to try to make one out of gumpaste or fondant to maybe use as a topper (if they don't have a topper already). It's a fairly easy flower to make, just some long petals cupped up with a textured cone in the middle:

A Juggalo wedding cake, huh? Zounds....

step0nmi Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 12:49am
post #3 of 4

hmmm...not really sure what you are saying about the design. but shouldn't you approve the full design with the Bride before making any decisions? If this is a paid cake you wouldn't want her to be dissatisfied

elegantwedding Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 4

Maybe try to put it at the side. It will look elegant, but somehow you also need to ask the bride regarding the design..

Quote by @%username% on %date%