Need Ideas For Multi Colored 4 Tiered Cake

Decorating By DanaG21 Updated 26 Jul 2010 , 9:03pm by Apti

DanaG21 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 3

I am trying to assist a friend who is making a 4 tiered round birthday cake for a 50th birthday party. BC with fondant accents. She is wanting to do each tier a different color - lime green, purple, teal/blue and pink. The birthday girl is a very vibrant and bigger is better more is more kinda woman. There will be a lot of glitter on this cake. However, the baker doesn't want it to look like some vomited up Sesame Street (no offense to Seame Street). I've look but I can't really find any pictures that could help us visualize the concept - maybe there is a reason for that?? icon_confused.gif Anyway if you've made a multi colored cake or have a saved picture of one and could send it my way that would be great. And, yes I have had the conversation that as the cake designer she needs to offer input to lhe client but she likes all the color too! Thanks in advance!

2 replies
indydebi Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 3

I've seen cakes that look much better than mine, but here's one I did for a 25th anniversary party:

Apti Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 9:03pm
post #3 of 3

Run, don't walk to the library or computer screen and check out "The Whimsical Bakehouse" by Kaye and Liv Hansen. The book screams with colors exactly like you've mentioned. I just went thru my copy and the following pages have xlnt examples of 3 tier cakes: 25, 118, 124, 137, 145 and 153. These are extraordinarily vivid, bright 3 layer cakes.

Also the Whimiscal Bakehouse works with BC and uses chocolate for accents and would fit perfect with your "BC with fondant accents". This book will also let you see what these colors look like when together on a 3 tier cake: teal, purple, yellow, lime green, orange, pink, royal blue.

A recent forum post said her non-crusting BC recipe is absolutely fabulous. I just got the book so haven't been able to try anything yet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%