Cake Boxes

Decorating By CraveBakery Updated 2 Aug 2010 , 3:55pm by AnnBland

CraveBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CraveBakery Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 12:06pm
post #1 of 5

The question I have is: The cakes I make are non standard, as are most of the cakes on here. Are there boxes available? Should I put them in a box? Do you just have them picked up as is, no box? Also I notice most people are covering the cardboard with fondant to give a finished look. Is that just covered just over the sides? Are you using anything specific under cakes besides the cardboard? If so where can I get them.

Thanks! I'm such a newbie!

4 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 12:32pm
post #2 of 5

a source of boxes:
http://www.brpboxshop.com/index_all_bakery_boxes_with_images.html

also, for really big ones -- consider moving boxes from UHaul and the like.

---

under -- can also use:

masonite, 1/4" plywood, 1/4" MDF (precut at better cake specialty stores, or cut your own from Home Depot, Lowes, and the like) usually under base tier only, those can be under tiers when doing a PVC support system for wonky cakes.

foamcore -- office supply stores, Dollar Tree

3/4" MDF or plywood for baseboard only for truly heavy cakes -- lumber yard, Home Depot, Lowes

cut piece of log for very pretty decorative base (ask IndyDebi about hers)

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 12:34pm
post #3 of 5

brpboxshop.com has pretty good prices and boxes of all shapes and sizes. Welcome to CC!!!

CraveBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CraveBakery Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 2:10pm
post #4 of 5

thanks i got the samples from them, they were great. I just can't afford a huge box of them. I wonder if I can keep ordering samples for 10 bucks? I don't really need 100 boxes. ($$)

AnnBland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnBland Posted 2 Aug 2010 , 3:55pm
post #5 of 5

Is the brpboxshop.com site working for anyone? I placed an order over 2 weeks ago, never got a notice that it was shipped, and now their site won't load for me! I'm worried icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%