In Need Of Some Help Please

Decorating By heroes Updated 26 Jul 2010 , 10:09am by heroes

heroes Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 8:58am
post #1 of 4

Hi all, Im new to this site so please bear with me whilst I find my way around, My question is, Im making a skateboard cake for my friends son and although im confident in making it im unsure of how to keep it from falling apart. Its going to be a skateboard on wheels rather than an upsidedown skateboard, can anyone help me with this please?
Karen icon_confused.gif

3 replies
tinygoose Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 9:10am
post #2 of 4

If you can....I'd have hubby cut out a wooden board in the shape of a skateboard. Use cakeboard between the cake and wood of course.

Have him put two wood strips in the bottom center to lift the board up an inch or so, tell him this is your support. Make the wheels from frondant/gumpaste and let dry. Wheels and center wood support should line up height wise.

Carve the cake a little higher at the ends to get that angled look. Ice and decorate, as usual.

indydebi Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 9:12am
post #3 of 4

Here are some ideas (I went to the gallery tab, then searched for "skateboard"):

You might contact the makers of these cakes who I'm sure will be very helpful. one person put the cake on an actual skateboard.

heroes Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 10:09am
post #4 of 4

Thankyou so very much ladies some fab ideas here, think I'll go with the hubby doing some type of woodwork for me. x

Quote by @%username% on %date%