What Tip Is This?

Decorating By MessMaker Updated 26 Jul 2010 , 12:28pm by nana_marta

MessMaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessMaker Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:33am
post #1 of 15

My Mother-in-Law gave me a bag with some of her old tips in it, came across 2 of these but I don't know what they are (#, or what they are supposed to do. Could some one please tell me.

I cant get the picture to upload. Could you look at my photos and let me know what you think of this odd tip was given to me.

14 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:43am
post #2 of 15

If you posted the picture, I don't see it. It may have been deleted because you aren't allowed to post photos that aren't of "decorated" cakes. Perhaps you could go to the Wilton website and find it there along with a description of what it does.

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:53am
post #3 of 15

I've never seen one like that and couldn't find anything on line for you. Perhaps trying it out and seeing what you get may help.

MessMaker Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:01am
post #4 of 15

Thanks pmarks0.

I was hoping some one would know so that IF I tried it, I would know what to do with it.

SugarBoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBoy Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:04am
post #5 of 15

I'm new to decorating so the tip doesn't look familiar to me - as a decorating tip, but it does look a little like a bias/fabric-turner. Was your MIL into sewing?

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:06am
post #6 of 15

I saw the photo, but I have never seen anything like it before. I hope someone can come up with what it does because I'm curious.

krae0057 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krae0057 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:17am
post #7 of 15

I agree with SugarBoy. It looks like something used in sewing.

inspireddecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspireddecorator Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:30am
post #8 of 15

I agree that it looks like something used for sewing. It looks like a bias tape maker. Put the fabric in and the end folds the fabric for you, you iron it and then sew it on. Newer ones look different, so just a guess.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:34am
post #9 of 15

I'm with inspireddecorator. I think it's a bias tape maker.

ButtacreamRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtacreamRose Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:35am
post #10 of 15

Agree bias tape maker.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:40am
post #11 of 15

I thought I'd post the pics here for you since they're bound to be removed from the galleries (ask me how I know. LOL).
LL
LL

MessMaker Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:50am
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

I thought I'd post the pics here for you since they're bound to be removed from the galleries (ask me how I know. LOL).

Thanks for posting the pictures for me...

Yes my MIL is into sewing. (i dont have the slightest clue how to sew). TY for all of your answers.

SugarBoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBoy Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:58am
post #13 of 15

That was fun. Do you have anything else we can guess on?

Reminds me of that game show "Liar's Club" where the panel made up stories of an odd item - only one was telling the truth. The contestant had to guess which one was telling the truth. My mother, sisters and I used to watch it and place bets with pennies.

MessMaker Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 4:04am
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBoy

That was fun. Do you have anything else we can guess on?

Reminds me of that game show "Liar's Club" where the panel made up stories of an odd item - only one was telling the truth. The contestant had to guess which one was telling the truth. My mother, sisters and I used to watch it and place bets with pennies.

LOL.. No Im sorry I know what the rest of the tips are.

nana_marta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana_marta Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 12:28pm
post #15 of 15

Now everyone watch, next thing we will see that messmaker is folding her own ribbons to be used on her cakes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%