Meeting With A Rental Kitchen Tomorrow.

Business By mindy1204 Updated 26 Jul 2010 , 11:04pm by dreamcakesmom

mindy1204 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:50am
post #1 of 2

I am meeting with a rental kitchen tomorrow to see it and ask some questions.

I know from our conversation that I have to pay the montly rental even if I have no cakes for the month. She told me that it is to prevent people from getting in with their kitchen and then not making the cake there. I get that but I cant really afford to pay for time I am not there.

In the beginning I will probably not have any cakes. I have to get my name out there and start to advertise so I need a little time to do that.

What do you guys think? Is this the normal for a rental kitchen?

TIA

1 reply
dreamcakesmom Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 2

I've seen a couple different types of kitchens- 1 where you just pay for the time you use which was really high per hour and per day fees as I assume it is very irregular schedule for them and they don;t have consistent income. I have also seen rentals where you pay a per month fee and can use it as much or as little as you want- this was also a situatin where I could keep ALL my equipment, supplies, ingredients, etc included in the rental price as well as I had exclusive use of the space- I was not sharing space with other chefs so I had full control over the set up etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%