How Do I Get This Effect? Stencil? Cutters?

Decorating By patticakesnc Updated 26 Jul 2010 , 3:27am by Polkadot79

patticakesnc Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:19am
post #1 of 5

I have a customer and this is one of the cake pics that they sent me. I don't know how to get this effect. The sides and top. I know this is computer generated but I haven't seen anything so far like this.

Does anyone have any idea where to find it. I am searching but hoping someone will know where to look.

4 replies
DeeDelightful Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:46am
post #2 of 5

Is there a name of a bakery on the picture, a website or anything. Maybe you could contact the bakery. It looks like a stencil to me

greengyrl26 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:49am
post #3 of 5

The designs on the side look to me like they could very easily be cut with a Cricut. I'm not sure about the topper though.

patticakesnc Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:55am
post #4 of 5

No its a computer generated image. I am thinking from that cake design software (I don't own it unfortunately). I was thinking stencil as well. I am not finding that stencil though.

Polkadot79 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:27am
post #5 of 5

I would cut the lighter shade of brown with a cricut or attempt to free-hand (or blow up pic and cut out template to use) and attach to the chocolate brown fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%