Can You Help Me Organize These Ideas Into One Cake?!

Decorating By MJTKNT Updated 26 Jul 2010 , 1:48am by Btrfly578

MJTKNT Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 12:52am
post #1 of 5

I have a bride who wants me to do her wedding cupcakes/small cake for the top of a cupcake stand. I'm not a bakery and don't do large volume, so tastings are really tricky and I require people to pay for one. In lieu of that, she's wanting me to make her fiance a birthday cake so she can kill two birds with one stone. It's only a single layer, but she's given me all of this information: "He's turning 30. He is a musician, loves jazz music, loves to travel, loves coffee, loves to write, loves to read and draw....he's artsy, but not in a hipster kind of way." She doesn't care about colors or how it looks- that's up to me (oh, yay! No direction!! icon_wink.gif).

I'm trying to wrap my head around this in a way that could make something very fluent and classy looking. Can anyone help with what he or she would work on for something like this?

4 replies
Doug Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:02am
post #2 of 5

i see a layer cake that looks like the top of a table like one might find in a Parisian Cafe.

a book on it: The Roots and Toots of Jazz

a sheet of music -- "American in Paris" by George Gershwin

a cup of espresso to the side.

a sheet of paper with a sketch of the Eiffel Tower and little notes written here and there and little bits of music as well.

cutthecake Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:13am
post #3 of 5

Wow, Doug. That sounds like a great cake.

Doug Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:25am
post #4 of 5

added thought

forgot the ever present bottle and glass of wine and a candle too (maybe stuck in an old wine bottle?)

Btrfly578 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:48am
post #5 of 5

Great ideas Doug. Sounds really good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%