Bubbles In My Mmf

Decorating By yummy_in_my_tummy Updated 31 Jul 2010 , 5:16pm by yummy_in_my_tummy

yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 4

The last few cakes I've done, I've gotten bubbles in my MMF and I'm not sure why this is happening. Has it happened to anyone else? Am I not kneading it well enough?

3 replies
catlharper Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:16am
post #2 of 4

Is this bubbles while rolling out or bubbles after you've covered the cake. Bubbles while rolling out means it needs a lot more kneading. I hate them too<G> Bubbles after covering could be from covering a cake that's still too cold. You really want to cover room temperature cakes. The reason is that your cake will expell air and gas while it's coming to room temp...now that can escape thru a crumbcoat but not thru fondant and the air/gas has nowhere to go but to push on the fondant creating a bubble.

FlourPots Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 6:38am
post #3 of 4

If you're using Wal-mart's MM's, that could be the problem...I've had that happen.

I only use Jet Puffed now.

yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 31 Jul 2010 , 5:16pm
post #4 of 4

It's teeny tiny little bubbles when I roll. So I probably need to knead more. I haven't had any issues with bubbles after I cover (thank goodness!!). But the little bubbles are probably the size of the * key on your keyboard (sorry I couldn't think of anything else!), and they look to be right on the surface of my MMF. I'm going to knead my next batch more and keep an eye out for them.

Thank you very much!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%