Anyone Like These As Much As Me?

Lounge By rkei Updated 30 Jul 2010 , 2:18pm by Echooo3

rkei Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 28

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who is a sucker for high heeled shoes like me? I lo-huv them, I wear them a lot. Anyone else, or am I just crazy and weird? icon_razz.gif

27 replies
mamawrobin Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 12:24am
post #2 of 28

I'm a shoe fanatic icon_lol.gif I bought 3 pair six months ago that I haven't worn yet because I don't have anything to wear with them...........yet.

I'm barely 5' 2" so most every pair of shoes that I own are high heels. At least 3 1/2 to 5 inches. I hate flats...do not own a pair...and I don't wear a heel under 3 inches. icon_lol.gif Of course I have tennis shoes..wouldn't be practical for me to wear heels to work or around the house...LOL

My favorite pair of 'shoes' is my black leather boots. They are all leather, have a 3 1/2 heel, and come all the way up to my knees. I've had them resoled twice and re heeled once. They still look like new. Best part is..they were $189.00 boots and I bought them for 85% off. One of my best finds yet. thumbs_up.gif

rkei Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:33am
post #3 of 28

Aha! I knew I wasn't the only one! When I move out of the house, I WILL have a whole closet full of shoes! LOL. I'm about five foot, to. I still look really short though. I still need a pair of boots, maybe this trip to Tucson? Yes. I m.u.s.t

Texas_Rose Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:48am
post #4 of 28

I wish I could still wear tall shoes. I broke my leg last year and I've got a bunch of metal in there now and I can't bend my foot enough to get into heels, much less walk once they're on. I still keep all my shoes, pretending one day they'll fit again...besides, I wear an 11 and it's not easy to find cute shoes my size.

mamawrobin Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:13am
post #5 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

I wish I could still wear tall shoes. I broke my leg last year and I've got a bunch of metal in there now and I can't bend my foot enough to get into heels, much less walk once they're on. I still keep all my shoes, pretending one day they'll fit again...besides, I wear an 11 and it's not easy to find cute shoes my size.

My best friend wears an 11 also. It's really hard for her to find shoes (cute ones anyway) in her size as well. I was on vacation a couple of years ago and found some shoes that I LOVED..they didn't have any in my size (7) but had them in her size... icon_eek.gif I bought them for her. She was thrilled because cute ones are hard to find in that size.

Bluehue likes her high heels....maybe she will post on this thread. thumbs_up.gif

emrldsky Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:26am
post #6 of 28

I LOVE high heels, but I can't wear them. icon_sad.gif I, too, am only 5'2", but I have bunions (and bunionettes, the bunions on the pinky toes) on both feet. I really need to have them taken care of, but I'm chicken. icon_sad.gif

Then again, I know if I don't have them taken care of in the next couple of years, I'll have hammer toes and that won't be good either. Stupid genetics.

Oh, and I'm flat-footed too. lolololol

rainbow_kisses Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 9:07am
post #7 of 28

I just love heels, don't wear anything else.

indydebi Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 9:21am
post #8 of 28

I used to own a pair of 6 inch "hooker heels" that I just loved! I wore AT LEAST 4" heels up to 8.5 months pregnant. Wearing flats would hurt my legs and my feet. And barefooted, I'm 5'5".

Then I had to have foot surgery ........ icon_rolleyes.gif

And now I can't wear "pretty" shoes anymore. I have to wear "sensible gramma shoes".

I miss my pretty heels!! icon_cry.gif

rosiecast Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 4:38pm
post #9 of 28

I loved heels in my college years. I would wear 5" heels like they were sneakers. Now I'm 33 and I'm anti-heels. Well I love looking at them online and on other people. LOL

Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 4:41pm
post #10 of 28

Sounds like my Mom...she is a shoe and purse gal and she's 66....I used to wear pretty shoes and high heels when I was single...and 20 years younger...now I have no where to wear them and I feel like I am going to topple over....

2SchnauzerLady Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 7:23pm
post #11 of 28

I'm so jealous - I have trouble getting high heeled shoes that fit, my feet are AAAA width - I just wish the rest of me was that skinny! LOL

JaeRodriguez Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 9:23pm
post #12 of 28

Ahhhh Before my two new babies and a new hubby, I could easily spend a paycheck a month on shoes! :] and I mean heels! And they aren't considered heels unless they are at LEAST 3 inches! icon_razz.gif Mine were all 4-5 though... I haven't worn heels in about 2 years and I haven't bought them for probably almost 3... :[ Sniff

Herekittykitty Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 9:59pm
post #13 of 28

I have an illness. I cannot walk past a shoe store w/o going in and it is everything I can do not to buy at every store. Heels, always heels. People are alwasy shocked how short I am when they catch me w/o shoes on or on the rare occasion I'm in flats. At 5'1-1/2", 3" heels (min.) are a MUST (and just look fab) if I want my pants to fit. icon_lol.gif

Ok, that is just an excuse, I wear them with everything!

Elcee Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 10:03pm
post #14 of 28

Love heels and platforms!

mamawrobin Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 10:15pm
post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeRodriguez

Ahhhh Before my two new babies and a new hubby, I could easily spend a paycheck a month on shoes! :] and I mean heels! And they aren't considered heels unless they are at LEAST 3 inches! icon_razz.gif Mine were all 4-5 though... I haven't worn heels in about 2 years and I haven't bought them for probably almost 3... :[ Sniff

I totally agree!! It isn't a heel unless it's over 3 inches. icon_lol.gif I just bought a new pair of black heels the other day that have 5 inch heels. I had to laugh when I read what Indydebi said about 'hooker heels'...that's exactly what my daughter said about my new shoes.

cakesbymindysue Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 5:49am
post #16 of 28

You all are shorties! icon_razz.gif I'm 5'9" and most of my friends are less than 5'6". I love to wear my heels, but I only feel comfortable when I'm around my husband and kids. You see, my husband is 6'6", my 18 year old son is 6'8", and my 12 year old is 5'11". I'd love to wear high heels more often, but I feel like a giant when I'm out with friends so I stick with a kitten heel.

Purses on the other hand, now that's what gets me into trouble!

Bluehue Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 3:59pm
post #17 of 28

LOLLLLL - i think my signiture line says it all - icon_biggrin.gif

KitchenKat Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 4:17pm
post #18 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbymindysue

You all are shorties! icon_razz.gif I'm 5'9" and most of my friends are less than 5'6". I love to wear my heels, but I only feel comfortable when I'm around my husband and kids. You see, my husband is 6'6", my 18 year old son is 6'8", and my 12 year old is 5'11". I'd love to wear high heels more often, but I feel like a giant when I'm out with friends so I stick with a kitten heel.

Purses on the other hand, now that's what gets me into trouble!

But I love my heels! The higher the better. Stilettos, wedges, platforms... I love em all!

I'm tall too and I live in Asia, where the average gal is about 5'2" or less. I tower over everyone here. The only hazard is once in a while I get mistaken for a transvestite. ha ha ha. Seriously, it does happen.

cakesbymindysue Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 5:16pm
post #19 of 28
Quote:
Quote:

I'm tall too and I live in Asia, where the average gal is about 5'2" or less. I tower over everyone here.

We lived on Okinawa for 5 years, I know what you mean. My husband is military and it was impossible for us to shop off base. The kids we could get some things for because they were little then, but even they were hard to buy for.

Herekittykitty Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 7:53pm
post #20 of 28

Immediately after posting last night I went shopping - for something else entirely and ended up only buying these. I call them my Oompa-Loompa shoes. Pumps, since the heels are less than 3 inches but this is one of my favorite color combinations so I just HAD to have them (bonus, they were on Clearance)!
LL

cakecraft Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 11:12pm
post #21 of 28

Oooooh, LOVE the oompa loompas!! I don't have a shoe fetish,but I can appreciate a good find icon_wink.gif

Bluehue Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 12:49am
post #22 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herekittykitty

Immediately after posting last night I went shopping - for something else entirely and ended up only buying these. I call them my Oompa-Loompa shoes. Pumps, since the heels are less than 3 inches but this is one of my favorite color combinations so I just HAD to have them (bonus, they were on Clearance)!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh - i so want a pair of them for this Spring.
The colours are devine.
Love your name for them - lolll - Oompa-Loompa shoes
Can i ask - who are they made by?
So pretty - so *look at my feet* - lollllllllllll

Bluehue

Herekittykitty Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 2:52pm
post #23 of 28

They are Anne Klein, Euphony. $49.99 (US) on the Anne Klein website right now.

Huh. They call it a 3.5" heel but it doesn't look like it, must be b/c they are platforms.

So YEA, they are officially high heels. thumbs_up.gif

Auryn Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 4:16pm
post #24 of 28

cakesbymindysue I am totally with you.
I am 5'11" and wear a size 11 shoe, guess how often I get to wear high heeled shoes.
My real love is knee high or higher boots, with heels or without.

I would love high heels more if I could wear them more and my feet not hurt.
I have this gorgeous pair of red stilettos (my only pair) that I've only worn once but felt amazing when I did.

I wish they made more cute shoes in 11s -mamawrobin you are an awesome friend.

mkolmar Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 3:22am
post #25 of 28

I'm 5'2" tall, but on a really good day I'm 5'6".

I wear a size 5 or 5.5. It's really hard finding cute shoes that fit. I could shop in the little kids section if need be.

Marina Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 3:27am
post #26 of 28

I love high heels, but I can't wear them!!! They have such cute styles. But, I do own 75 pairs of shoes, all kinds including 1 pair of heels, which after wearing 5 minutes, my feet are dying!!!

Marina

mamawrobin Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 3:55am
post #27 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

I'm 5'2" tall, but on a really good day I'm 5'6".

I wear a size 5 or 5.5. It's really hard finding cute shoes that fit. I could shop in the little kids section if need be.

My mother also wears a size 5. It is hard for her to find shoes as well. I remember when I was a teenager and I outgrew her shoe size. Sad day for me because I couldn't borrow her shoes anymore. icon_cry.gif She was probably relived icon_lol.gif

Auryn icon_biggrin.gif

Bluehue....in my original post I did mention that YOU would probably respond to this thread thumbs_up.gif

Herekittykitty...those shoes are sassy classy...and I love your name for them although the oompa loompa's totally freak me out icon_razz.gif ....almost as much as clowns.

Marina...you've got me beat...I only own 65 pair including my fabulous black leather boots.

All this talk about shoes makes me want to go shopping thumbs_up.gif

Echooo3 Posted 30 Jul 2010 , 2:18pm
post #28 of 28

Heck no, I'm 5'10". Give me crocs and I'm happy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%