Need Birthday Present Ideas For A Little Girl Quick!

Lounge By rkei Updated 29 Jul 2010 , 4:39am by karabeal

rkei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rkei Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 12

Hi CCer's! My little sister's turning two at the end of the month! I'm so excited! She went from a premature Four pounder, to such an adorable cutie! She's still pretty tiny still. Lol. So, I have collected "donations" from the family, and have forty+ dollars for birthday presents. (this is going to be a blast!). I was thinking, (with my money) I will buy her, some cutie sundresses/dresses, and some really cute shoes from walmart. Mud boots or cowboy boots, preferably if they have them, if they don't.... some Mary Jane's or something. But, I still will have about 25 bucks more to spend, and we are so going to use it on her B-day presents. I know, A BIG bag a Skittles (birthdays aren't complete without a little candy.... RIGHT??! LOL!!!) Skittles, aaand? Ideas! Quick! Thanks ya'll!

11 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 9:00pm
post #2 of 12

Does she have a sandbox? That was the BEST $ we ever spent for my daughter. It was one of those turtle ones that the shell is a cover. She played with it for years!

BTW, I think having a 2 year old is God's reward to us for giving birth icon_lol.gif so enjoy your little sis while she is at this wonderful age. I'm so happy she's is doing well after her rough start.

rkei Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 12

Unfortuantly, sandboxes do NOT work for us... icon_sad.gif Any other ideas?

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 9:51pm
post #4 of 12

If I remember, you've said in the past that she likes fancy shoes? That makes me think she's a girly-girl, and a cute little makeup set made for children would be a fun gift for a girly-girl. I've seen them in the toy aisles, they've got little lip glosses and glitter gels and stuff like that. icon_smile.gif

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 10:33pm
post #5 of 12

For a 2 yr old girl, I would go with dress-up stuff, or they are usually into the Disney princesses at that point, so either a video or Target has a bunch of that dress-up stuff. At age 2, my son was just getting interested in the potty, so potty training stuff is good. A little pink potty, some potty books, and the DVD Elmo's Potty Time (something of a cult classic these days). And if she doesn't already have some, I would recommend foam letters for the bathtub. Those are the BIGGEST hits at my house.

rkei Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 10:54pm
post #6 of 12

Yes, she is a girly girl! Thanks for the ideas, any more?

FullMoonRanch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullMoonRanch Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:23am
post #7 of 12

My 2 yr. old is into 'drawing'. Maybe some WASHABLE crayons or colorwonder markers and paper. My daughter loves the Magnadoodle. It might be for 3 and up though. (She has 2 older sisters) My girls always liked the tea party sets or kitchen sets at that age also. Two is a great age, enjoy her!

anxietyattack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anxietyattack Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 1:30am
post #8 of 12

When my daughter turned two her great grandma bought her this pink mini piano and she still loves it. I mean she LOVES it. It plays demo music and she can bang on it lol. She also loved her play desk and we got her a little remote control car that she still loves.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 4:16pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkei

Unfortuantly, sandboxes do NOT work for us... icon_sad.gif Any other ideas?

You can always fill it with something besides sand...rice, dried corn, things like that.

I had one for my kids that we put rice in it. They loved it and it was way easier clean up than sand.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 8:08pm
post #10 of 12

I would get a little play kitchen and some play food. My daughter spent hours every day playing with hers when she was about that age. She had a little table and chairs set in her room and she'd put her dollies at the table and feed them over and over.

A little dolly stroller is fun too...you can take her on walks and let her walk her babies. They don't all like baby dolls though...my youngest got a crying baby doll for a present and it drove her nuts. She would bang its head into the wall over and over and tell it to shut up (I'm going to have so much fun teasing her about that when she grows up and has babies of her own).

If she's not really steady on her feet yet, cowboy boots or mud boots might not be the best thing for her. They're harder to walk in than shoes or bare feet.

hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 4:26am
post #11 of 12

Dress-up stuff and pretend-play items of any kind are great at that age. My daughter was seriously into shoes, and also sunglasses, purses and backpacks, and other accessories. Classic art supplies, too -- paper, crayons, markers, stickers, sidewalk chalk. Stuffed animals, if she likes them, or a nice baby doll or some small girl dolls, like the Kelly (Barbie) doll sets. Wooden puzzles, lacing beads or cards, little musical instruments (tambourine, plastic harmonica). A ride-on car or similar wheeled toy.

But, in addition to some sparkly shoes, I would probably get books. icon_smile.gif At that age, she'll be outgrowing her board books and ready for some nice picture books -- and there are even some really cute ones about shoes!

Skittles, incidentally, are probably not the best choice for a 2yo. They're more of a choking hazard than a lot of other kinds of candy. I suggest Smarties or Pixie Stix, or something chocolate.

Have fun shopping!

karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 29 Jul 2010 , 4:39am
post #12 of 12

How about some toy food? You probably don't have enough money for a plastic kitchen, but maybe a plastic shopping cart with plastic food and dishes. My kids loved it--and at ages 8, 6 and 4 my older ones still play with "their" kitchen and food.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%