Pasta Machine

Decorating By Rachie204 Updated 26 Jul 2010 , 11:55am by Karen421

Rachie204 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 7

Sweet I just picked up a Pasta Machine from the good will for $4.04...yeah random price I know. Anyways I haven't used one of these yet to roll out my fondant but wanted to ask if anyone had any tips...do I need to grease it beforehand?

6 replies
dreamacres Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 7

I have the pasta attachment for the KA but you would NOT grease it. Dry and clean works great. Start at a thicker setting and work down to the thickness you wish

peg818 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 11:52pm
post #3 of 7

You have to roll your paste alittle before you start to feed it through the machine. Then start on the largest setting and work your way down to the thickness you want. Also, if your paste is sticky use a little cornstarch on it.

Rachie204 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:58am
post #4 of 7

thanks yall.......I played with it some tonight before I checked my responses to this post and yeah the grease didn't work out well...lol. I used a little powdered sugar because it was sticking some but hubby said I should do cornstarch so i will probably try that next time.

Also I seriously cut myself while trying to clean the dern thing...up on the underside...warning DO NOT put your fingers in those cracks to attempt to clean them...the apparently was sharp metal sticking out and sliced my middle finger open...I am pretty sure I need a stitch or two not to mention I haven't had a tetanus shot in at least 10 years.

By the way...how do yall clean yours because mine says not to use any water on it ever....however I did wipe it down with something damp and dry it right away.

Karen421 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:10am
post #5 of 7

I don't know if this is a good way or not, (mine did not say not to use water) but I do a bleach and water mix and on a paper towel. I fold the paper towel and run it though on different thickness. If works great!

Rachie204 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:18am
post #6 of 7

thanks Karen...yeah I randomly read the insert that came with it (which I usually don't do) and it says

"DO NOT USE WATER! Never wash the Pasta Machine with water, place it in water, or put it into the dishwasher. Simply wipe the Pasta Machine clean with a dry cloth."

I thought that was odd...I mean that might work fine for pasta but I feel the need to clean anything that is touched by my sticky messy caking madness LOL

for the record it's the Weston Brand Pasta Machine ...the box just says Pasta Machine...apparently it is from Bed Bath and Beyond

Karen421 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 11:55am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie204

thanks Karen...yeah I randomly read the insert that came with it (which I usually don't do) and it says

"DO NOT USE WATER! Never wash the Pasta Machine with water, place it in water, or put it into the dishwasher. Simply wipe the Pasta Machine clean with a dry cloth."

I thought that was odd...I mean that might work fine for pasta but I feel the need to clean anything that is touched by my sticky messy caking madness LOL

for the record it's the Weston Brand Pasta Machine ...the box just says Pasta Machine...apparently it is from Bed Bath and Beyond

I got mine from Michaels, and I don't remember what kind, but I tried a dry paper towel at first, but I had been using black gumpaste though it - then need red roses. It appeared to be clean, but the black was somewhere and got onto the red. That is when I switched, and now that I use the bleach/water and run the paper towel through, I can see it coming clean and I am pretty sure it is sterile.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%