Any Seedless Strawberry Fillings?

Decorating By KsCakes09 Updated 27 Jul 2010 , 3:01pm by ddaigle

KsCakes09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KsCakes09 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 3:11pm
post #1 of 14

I have a customer who can't have any seeds, but loves the strawberry filling....is there a product that is seedless?? I have bought the sleeve filling before, but I believe it has seeds...does anyone know for sure?? thanks!

13 replies
cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 3:18pm
post #2 of 14

Just strain the filling to remove the seeds.

Montrealconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montrealconfections Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 3:23pm
post #3 of 14

I am in Canada here at the regular grocery story in the jam section there are seedless fruit preserves (actually the only ones I buy when doing cakes) they are a bit more expensive but worth it. The brand is Kraft "Pure"

KsCakes09 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 3:23pm
post #4 of 14

what would I use for a strainer to catch the small seeds?

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 4:12pm
post #5 of 14

I have a very fine sieve, but you could use a NEW pair of pantyhose for the really tiny seeds!

Montrealconfections Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 4:37pm
post #6 of 14

A jar of the seedless jam is like $4. doesn't seem like it's worth all the work plus the cost of the panty hose.

KsCakes09 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:35pm
post #7 of 14

Thanks.
Jam or preserves? which one is better for cakes? do you have to add any
thing to it OR cook it?

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:47pm
post #8 of 14

I have a recipe for a seedless strawbery & raspberry filling in the recipe section if that helps.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:49pm
post #9 of 14

I've seriously never seen seedless strawberry jam or preserves...in other berries, yes...just not in strawberry. I am deprived!

ETS: No, I haven't been deprived. I'm blind! I just looked it up. I've seen that in the store, just didn't notice the itty bitty "seedless" above strawberry. I'm curious though. How do you get the seeds out (they're so tiny!) and still be left with any fruit?

Musings9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Musings9 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:13pm
post #10 of 14

Polaner All Fruit makes a seedless strawberry spread. I haven't tried it myself but I hear good things. You can even find it online.

ddaigle Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:25pm
post #11 of 14

all4cake....yes, the seedless jams are hard to find. The word "seedless" is small. I have to really look to find it..everytime.

Montrealconfections Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 3:31pm
post #12 of 14

In the seedless jam there are no pieces of actual fruit it is basically a thick puree it is the only way for them to be able to separate it. When I add it to my cake I spread a thin amount of buttercream them pip a dam the I spread the jam then another layer of buttercream, no need to cook it it is ready to go as is.

When making cupcakes I spoon it into my buttercream and whip them together the color isn't great like an old rose so I add some extra food color to get a more pleasant color. My favorite seedless jam is the raspberry it gives a great flavor and no gritty seeds when you bite into it it is lovely.

KsCakes09 Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 2:39pm
post #13 of 14

ddaigle - in your recipe what's the reason to add the jello to the jam, does it make it thicker or is for added flavor? Thanks.

ddaigle Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 3:01pm
post #14 of 14

KsCakes...I'm not sure of the reason. It does, to me, make it thicker and adds more flavor. I'm not sure where I got the recipe from. I don't think it would matter if you just used the jam alone, but I always mix with jello. I love the texture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%